Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece measurements for a 2 x 4

• Thread starter Guinea_Pigs_Are_A_lifest
  • Start date

Guinea_Pigs_Are_A_lifest

Cavy Slave
Hello! (I’m sorry, I feel like I am posting a lot on this app lol) but what measurement should I make my fleece for a
2 x 4 C&C liner? I’m pretty sure the inside of my piggies coro the base is 28“ x 58”, is that Correct? I’m thinking of making my fleece a
31” x 61” to give me about 1 inch seam allowance and just in case of shrinkage. my girls currently live in a 2 x 4, and so do I males. I am upgrading my nails to a 3 x 5 and I am giving my females a 2 x 8 (adding the two coro bases together) I just find it easier to spot clean with two smaller liners than one big one.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Smaller liners are easier to wash and dry. The only problem you could run into is if you have any piggies who like to burrow.

I don’t sew my liners and backing together. I use washable bed pads, then a couple layers of fleece. I just replace the fleece and the pads are usually good for a week. I only have one pig in a 2x3.

I also started using chenille bath mats for half the area where the hay is. I ordered from IKEA and I love them. They are soft, stay dry longer than fleece, and the hair and hay comes off easier when I shake them out.

Guinea_Pigs_Are_A_lifest

Cavy Slave
Smaller liners are easier to wash and dry. The only problem you could run into is if you have any piggies who like to burrow.

I don’t sew my liners and backing together. I use washable bed pads, then a couple layers of fleece. I just replace the fleece and the pads are usually good for a week. I only have one pig in a 2x3.

I also started using chenille bath mats for half the area where the hay is. I ordered from IKEA and I love them. They are soft, stay dry longer than fleece, and the hair and hay comes off easier when I shake them out.
Ahhh, ok thanks! Do you plan on getting another guinea pig? They can actually die from loneliness if you don’t have a friend!

Riley
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Guinea_Pigs_Are_A_lifest

Cavy Slave
Don't worry you can a lot of posts dear,
your planned fleece size of 31" x 61" for the 2 x 4 C&C liner is accurate. It allows for a 1-inch seam allowance and accommodates potential shrinkage. Good choice for spot cleaning with separate liners for your guinea pigs.
OK, thanks! I am actually re-measured mine 2 x 4 and the interior measurements are 28” x 56” and since my local Joann‘s fleeces are 58” - 60” (width, wise. 1 yard is 36“ so one yard is 36“ x 58”/60“) is 1 yard be OK for one fleece?

Riley
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

gpihgos

Cavy Slave
I have the same cage size. The standard size is 28’ by 56’, but I add 3 inches to each dimension in case it shrinks. That isn’t necessary though